On Jan 18, 2008 10:55 AM, Javier Huerta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for all of your suggestions which all point to using Catpcha.  I have
> actually already implemented Capchta and they are still getting around it.
> Even if they are entering it manually rather than via a bot, is there a way
> to check if the email address is of a specific format and if so then don't
> process the form?
>

> ""Javier Huerta"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> >I am wondering if there is a way to block out email addresses in specific
> >format from a form?  We ahve a form that people have to enter an email
> >address, and the form has been getting used by bots to send spam to a
> >listserv.  The email address they enter is in this type of format
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED], and of course it is always just a bit different every
> >time.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

If a human is involved you can't really do anything about it other
than slow them down.  If they're doing this a lot you can implement
some backend server tracking.  It is really hit and miss, but you can
try tracking by IP, but proxies make this fail.  You can also make
sure that you require sessions.  That might help a bit but a user can
always clear their cookies.