Thanks Rasmus,
hope a stable Apache 2.0 comes out soon.

I have done some tests few minutes ago and discovered that eRuby is much
slower then PHP.
While might still have some advantages.

This is how I tested it:

ruby.php // with PHP
==========

<h1>Enumeration</h1>
<ul>
<?for($i=1; $i<10; $i++) {?>
  <li>number <?=$i?></li>
<?}?>
</ul>

<h1>Environment variables</h1>
<?foreach($HTTP_SERVER_VARS as $key=>$val) {?>
    <th><?=$key?></th><td><?=$HTTP_SERVER_VARS[$key]?></td>
<?}?>

==========

ruby.rhtml // with eRuby
==========

<h1>Enumeration</h1>
<ul>
<%(1..10).each do|i|%>
  <li>number <%=i%></li>
<%end%>
</ul>

<h1>Environment variables</h1>
<%ENV.keys.sort.each do |key|%>
    <th><%=key%></th><td><%=ENV[key]%></td>
<%end%>

==========

As you can see this is a sample of a very basic functionality.

It took 4 times longer to generate the page for Ruby.
(tested by eyes)

However, Ruby here was running as CGI. I believe the performance would be
better under mod_ruby.

Just for the reference in anyone else cares. (and to avoid some PHP vs
eRuby)

Sincerely,

 Maxim Maletsky
 Founder, Chief Developer