Nathan Nobbe schreef:
On Jan 30, 2008 8:21 PM, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greg's my hero of the day - even if he has been banging the Ruby drum on
the PHP Stage half the night ;-)

greg does seem to know a crap-ton about ruby, and gentoo even ;)

one thing I would offer as a solution to rolling out code to multiple servers,
GFS - as in all the load-balanced webservers 'mount' a GFS
(http://www.redhat.com/gfs/)
and all the code/etc is on that - this means rolling out on one machine
automatically
makes the new version available to all machines.

heres my solution; portage.  its essentially a customizable platform
for versioned software
distribution.  sorry folks, youll need gentoo for that one :)
actually, they have it running on other os' as well, albiet not so great afaik.

besides being a nightmare, portage doesn't answer the question of rolling out
stuff
to multiple machines simultaneously.

-nathan