On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Per Jessen wrote:

Hiep Nguyen wrote:

let say that user searched and found 10 records,
in the meantime, other users may change any of these 10 records,
so if we saved mysql statement and re-run mysql statement again, the
result might be different.  to prevent this problem, i only want to
download records that returned on this page only.

This is more of a caching issue - then you determine how long you want
to keep the results for, and only re-run the mysql query when the
results have gone stale.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

in the last couple days, i've looked into php $_SESSION and kinda get the concept. my question is can i use $_SESSION to store mysql statement? what is the pro/con to store mysql statement in $_SESSION? with $_COOKIE, i can use setrawcookie to avoid urlencoding. is ther anything similar in $_SESSION?

thanks,
t. hiep