--- Hiep Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Per Jessen wrote:
>
> > Hiep Nguyen wrote:
> >
> >> let say that user searched and found 10 records,
> >> in the meantime, other users may change any of these 10 records,
> >> so if we saved mysql statement and re-run mysql statement again,
> the
> >> result might be different.  to prevent this problem, i only want
> >> download records that returned on this page only.
> >
> > This is more of a caching issue - then you determine how long you
> want
> > to keep the results for, and only re-run the mysql query when the
> > results have gone stale.
> >

> > /Per Jessen, Zürich
> >
> > --
> >

> in the last couple days, i've looked into php $_SESSION and kinda
> get the
> concept.  my question is can i use $_SESSION to store mysql
> statement?
> what is the pro/con to store mysql statement in $_SESSION?
> with $_COOKIE, i can use setrawcookie to avoid urlencoding.  is
> ther
> anything similar in $_SESSION?
>
> thanks,
> t. hiep

Hiep,
 There is no need to use "setraw" in case of session. Because every
session variable keeps its value as it is assign to it. Where as in
case of cookie by default browser encode the cookie in urlencoding
format. To stop this feature of browser we use setrawcookie() function.

---
Nirmalya Lahiri
[+91-9433113536]