Lamp Lists wrote:

> now, I didn't have such a big project "on side" ever. and I by default
> ALWAY suck in calculations how much time I need for a project and what
> to charge. I think I need about 120 hrs (3 weeks) to build this baby
> (without design part). I need your opinion. is it enough time (yes, I
> know it depends of how fast I program :D Let's say, average fast :))
> and what are fees these days for such a project? I lost track. $75/hr
> is lowest price today or I can't ask more than $50/hr?

You can ask whatever you want as long as your customer thinks it's
reasonable.  (not a joke).
Given that you're an individual bidding on a single project, you might
want to consider fixed price instead of time and materials.

As for estimates wrt time and effort - if those were available on a
mailing-list based on about 30 lines of project description, this list
would be full of project managers, all with desperate needs to estimate
how long <something> takes. :-)

/Per Jessen, Zürich