At 9:23 AM -0800 3/8/08, Adil Drissi wrote:
I'm working on a site that is becoming more and more
bigger (containing more links). Now the problem of
links maintenance arises. An intuitive idea that i'm
trying to do right know is calling php functions that
will display every part of the site that is
repetitive. For example left side menu and footer. For
the left side menu with static HTML and CSS i'm
disabling the link to the actual page, like that the
user has a visual presentation allowing him to know
where he is exaclty in the site. This introduces more
difficulty for the function that will display the
menu. So i'm wondering if there is some efficient way
of modeling and implementing this.

All suggestions are welcome, and if some part of the
problem is not clear enough please feel free to ask me
more questions if necessary.

In all of my pages, I use includes. I have one include for the header, one for the footer and one for the navigation, which is usually called by the header.

If something changes in navigation, I change one file and it's done throughout the site.

Look into includes.

Cheers,

tedd

--