2008. 03. 12, szerda keltezéssel 12.12-kor Greg Donald ezt írta:
> On 3/12/08, Zoltán Németh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > but I strongly think that Ruby as a
> > language just plain sucks ;)
>
> And exactly how many projects do you have under your belt to allow you
> to develop this opinion?  What's the url to any one of them?
>
> Unlike you I actually have thousands of lines of Ruby code under my
> belt that allows me to properly develop an opinion of Ruby and Rails
> and how they both compare to every other programming language and
> framework I know and have developed in.  Need a URL?

ok, I admit I don't have experience with Ruby but I have experience with
php. and I don't have experience with Ruby because I read some manuals
and example codes and whatnot and I just could not get to like it at
all. it's just so strange and different from anything I know (php, c,
java) - and I could not find out any good reasons for most of the
differences... e.g. how come function definitions are between 'def' and
'end'? I just don't like it and it's a matter of taste, so there is no
need to argue about it more... :)

however that's not about the framework, I admit that Rails had several
new and useful concepts, and I know that the framework I currently use
took a lot of ideas from there.

greets,
Zoltán Németh