----- Original Message ----
From: Eric Butera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Lamp Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; php-general@lists.php.net
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:00:19 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Double click problem

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Lamp Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the way I solved the "click back button" issue (simplified vresion):
>
>  confirmation page (conf.php) -> transfer page (tp.php) -> thank you page
> (typ.php)
>
>  #conf.php
>  # after the form is submitted and confirmed
>  header('location: tp.php?url=typ.php');
>  exit;
>
>  #tp.php
>  header('location:$_GET['url']);
>  exit;
>
>  and, if visitor clicks on back button on thakyou page he will go actually to
> the transfer page - which will send him back to thankyou page
>  ;)
>
>  -ll

Allowing unscrubbed user data in a header is a really bad idea.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_response_splitting
- http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Open_redirect

I agree with you to use exactly this way is bad idea.
But, as I said on the begining of my post it's "simplified version", to get my
point. My code on tp.php actually use sveral validations before forward to
thank you page :D

-ll