tedd wrote:
Hi gang:

This is probably trivial for most of you, but here's my solution to the problem I presented earlier.

The problem was, I just wanted to be certain that if a use clicked a button that they could only do it once. Sounds simple enough, huh?

Certainly, one can use javascript, but I wanted something that was basic php and html -- here's my solution with code (please provide critical review):

I had been tracking an intermittent bug for some considerable time and having finally identified the underlying problem - double click sends the page request twice, but the second request is processed before first has updated things! We have tightened up the server end as much as possible, but not eliminated the problem.

The javascript solution is the only reliable one that I've found but some sites do not allow it to be enabled. Since having finally identified the source of the problem, we have improved education and can now 'spot' a double clicker who in many cases does not even know they are doing it! People get so used TO double clicking things on the desktop :( But in some case we suspect that the BROWSER send two requests perhaps because of a noisy keyboard! On one site that we pinned down to a particular counter position, changing the keyboard fixed the problem ( enter was pressing the button ).

Just a word of warning that may explain the occasional double order ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL