On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:03 PM, php <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Greg...I am aware of the allow_url_fopen/allow_url_include
>  relationship.
>
>  Your suggestion to look into curl was implemented and there still seems to
>  be something else afoot.
>
>  I created a simple set of curl functions which just printed a remote url to
>  the browser window. This tested well on an alternate test site which has PHP
>  5 running.
>
>  However back on the hosting client I'm having problems with, curl throws the
>  following error message:
>  CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6)
>
>  Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.

    That's a DNS issue, not a PHP issue.  Is this a shared web host,
or one for which you have root access?  If you have at least shell
access without a jail (chroot), try PING'ing the domain from the
server and see what happens.  It could even be something as simple as
a typo in the domain, but most likely it's a DNS resolution problem.

    If you want to test your script on a different server, let me know
and I'll set you up with a temporary account on one of mine.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Forensic Services, Senior Unix Engineer