On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:54 AM, paragasu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I can do this in 5 minutes without having to write a
>  >single line of PHP, HTML or SQL. If you can't match this then you're not in
>  >the same league.
>  >-Tony Marston
>
>  i can only think of copy & paste method if i were required to write a PHP
>  application
>  without a single line of code even a simple "hello world!" application.
>   i am really cannot be in the same league :( . well, i might have to work a
>  little harder.

Do frameworks help our work productivity so much that we can really
continue this debate on how much time they save us?  ;)

In the end it is always about getting the job done.  If vanilla php
does that for you, then good.  It will execute much faster since
there's less overhead.  Plus we all understand php so your work will
be very portable between programmers.

That method doesn't work well for me given client demands and constant
changing requirements.  I need something that can provide lots of
different functionality yet not hinder really custom stuff where it is
needed.

So find that balance.  Try building a site using some random
framework.  Then compare what that took versus your current setup.
Keep in mind the first attempt won't truly be a fair comparison
because of the learning curve of exploiting the potential of the
framework.  Also keep in mind what it is you're trying to accomplish.
Some sites are very basic while others are quite complex.  It's up to
you to know what the site needs to be able to do today and in 6
months.