Am 2008-05-21 19:17:09, schrieb Stut:
> Violation of privacy? Let's start with the fact that it's not
> collecting anything you don't put out there when you use your browser.
> Let's add that none of that info can personally identify you without
> consulting your ISP who are highly unlikely to disclose who you are
> without a court order.

Not realy right, because the Music-Industry try to enforce a
International Law which they permit to contact directly the
ISP's for informations about customers...

So, this law can be misused in any case...

And as I have already sayed, if they get ONE time infos about
me, I am tracable worldwide with my Laptop which let me run
into heavy trouble.

> Again, if you want to block it I have no problem with that. I think
> you're overly cautious but it's entirely your choice.

There are since years threads in many Forums  arround  the  world  about
Google and privacy violations.

> Google Analytics (which is where the Urchin code comes from) does
> gather a tiny bit more information than normal server logs but none of
> it is personally identifiable or in any way a security risk. But just

This is not right...  Once they HAVE infos  about  your  ISP,  you  are
tracable and Google hast the posibilities and resources to do it.

> Then don't use sites that use it from those countries. Or, better yet,
> turn your computer off and go play outside.

> Really don't know where you're getting that from, but if it's even
> remotely true nobody would be using Google Analytics. I'm betting
> you're confusing Analytics with something else Google do, but for the
> life of me I can't think what.

Sorry but it was already in the Press that the NSA is using Google  and
they have confimed it officialy!!!

> Ooh, give 'em a peanut. I live and work in the UK and every site I
> work on that uses Google Analytics has nothing specific about Google
> Analytics in the privacy policy. They all talk about use of cookies,
> IP addresses and server logs and I've never had any complaints.

Because most users care about there priacy?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)