Do you have php-mysql installed? In ubuntu for php5 the package is php5-mysql.

-Allen

Wei, Alice J. wrote:
Hi,

  I am currently using a Linux box with Fedora to run my PHP scripts, which I
have seen in the download page at http://www.php.net/downloads.php that

   We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come with
PHP these days.

  What I am wondering is, if I can run my scripts by using the command like php
some_php.php, as long as it does not require me to have it displayed on the web page or
in need of using a mssql_connect function, it does not give me any errors at all.
Otherwise, it consistently gives me errors "Call to undefined function:
mysql_connect()...".

  I can only see the HTML code of the php functions I call within the code at the command
output in text format, but I cannot see it on the "browser."

  Are these two errors related? I tried installing PHP and Apache afterwards,
but it seems that it is not providing a different message. Have I missed
something here?

Anything is appreciated.

Alice
Alice Wei