Wei, Alice J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am currently using a Linux box with Fedora to run my PHP scripts, which I
> have seen in the download page at http://www.php.net/downloads.php that
>
>    We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come
> with PHP these days.
>
>   What I am wondering is, if I can run my scripts by using the command like
> php some_php.php, as long as it does not require me to have it displayed on
> the web page or in need of using a mssql_connect function, it does not give
> me any errors at all. Otherwise, it consistently gives me errors "Call to
> undefined function: mysql_connect()...".
>
>   I can only see the HTML code of the php functions I call within the code at
> the command output in text format, but I cannot see it on the "browser."
>
>   Are these two errors related? I tried installing PHP and Apache afterwards,
> but it seems that it is not providing a different message. Have I missed
> something here?

Some servers have display_errors disabled in their php.ini files and it
only logs errors.

If you add:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', true);

to the top of your test script, does it show any errors now?

mssql is not a standard module, you'll need to get your host/server
admin to install it.

There are detailed instructions on the php site:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mssql.setup.php

If you get stuck, at which step do you get stuck?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/