Richard Kurth wrote:
I am looping through a database of files that are numbers 1 through 10 if number 1 is in the database I what to print out the first table below if it is not then print the else section below. Then loop through the database to see if 2 through 10 are there and do the same thing. Of course what I am doing does not work. Should I move it all to an array and then loop through it. Or use a foreach loop.
Could you please give me an idea where to start looking

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($sql_result)){

if ($row["number"]==1) {
}else{

What is the query being executed?

Seriously, this needs more information. On the upside, it LOOKS like it should work, however...

Here's what I use to get 1 random quote from a table I have:
$query="select quote from quotes where id=$id";
$query_res = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
if (mysql_num_rows($query_res) < 1)
{ //print message
 $display_block = "<P>Something blew up.</P>";
}
else
{ //get info and build Quote display
 $Quote = mysql_fetch_array($query_res);
 echo $Quote['quote'];
}

It could be as simple as the " not working where you really need ' but that depends on what/how you are doing things.

Wolf