Alice,

If you simply need to execute a remote PHP script and pass variables,
you could do it behind-the-scenes with cURL or AJAX, and pass the
variables in the url (i.e.,
http://www.mysite.com/script.php?param=value). cURL is capable of
retrieving the page (read: the results of the executed script), which
can then be parsed by your local script.

I actually did something like this where I scraped the World of Warcraft
Armory (ok, groan. No, seriously, let it out). I grabbed their XML
pages, parsed the info, and then pushed this info to a script on a
remote site of mine. I had to do this because the remote site I was
working with did not have cURL installed (nor could I install it myself
due to access restrictions). The remote script would return "OK" or
"FAIL", and my script would expect one of these values and react
accordingly.

Is this a little bit more on target? I can supply you with source code
if you would like.

You could also use AJAX to populate an IFRAME with the results of a
remote PHP script, and then parse those values using a hidden form
submission, perhaps. Just some ideas.

HTH,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer