Hi gang:

Nothing like trying to help someone to raise questions for yourself.

Here's the problem:

http://webbytedd.com/b1/simple-session/

This demo seems to work Okay. The user can't go anywhere unless they enter 'guest' into the form -- after that, then they can go anywhere they want.

I do this by simply taking a post variable and if its value is 'guest', I then set a session variable 'ok' to 1. You can see this in the code, which is highlighted at the end of each page.

When the user leaves the script (via the More button in the top left corner), they are directed back to my main index page which destroys ALL sessions -- or -- so I thought.

Please follow, if a user goes to:

http://webbytedd.com/b1/simple-session/

enters 'guest' travels the site, leaves, and returns -- they are presented with another logon page, just like the first time.

HOWEVER, if the user clicks any of the other pages (2-4) they are directed back to the first page AND the ok session is magically set to 1 !!! I have no idea why the session ok is set to 1.

You can see that the session array and post array at the top of the page are clearly both empty. But if the user clicks any of the other links the session 'ok' is set to 1 !!! Where does that value come from???

Apparently, I am not destroying the session, even though I have tried every example shown in the on-line manual -- and nothing works.

If I shut-down my browser, then everything works the way I want it for the first time, but for the second time the user visits the page, the aforementioned problem remains.

So, how doe the session variable 'ok' become 1 again? OR how can I really destroy a session?

As I said, all of the code is there.

Thanks guys, I'm sure one of you smart people will show me the error of my ways.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------