Sudhakar wrote:
> i need help with accessing the value of a variable from a different page.
>
> i have an index.php file which has 2 files included to display header and
> footer and the center portion changes based on the link clicked on the
> footer.
>
> header.php
>
> <?php
> echo "<h2> Text from header.php file </h2>";
> ?>
>
> footer.php
>
> <?php
> $title="Title of Footer Page";
> ?>
> href="index.php?page=software">Software </a>
>
> index.php
>
> <?php
> $pagename=$_GET["page"];
> $title="Index page of Company name";
> ?>
> <head>
> <title><?php echo $title; ?> </title>
> </head>
> <?php include("header.php");  ?> <p> </p>
> <?php
> if($pagename=="web")
> {
> include("web.php");
> }
> if($pagename=="software")
> {
> include("software.php");
> }
> ?>
> <?php include("footer.php");  ?>
>
> whenever i click the links for Web Development or Software which appears
> from the footer a query string is passed to index.php I am able to display
> the content of web.php and software.php using the if() condition and
> include()
> what i need to display is a different title for web.php and software.php
> when a user clicks Web Development along with the content i want the title
> of the page to change for SEO purpose. i have defined $title differently in
> web.php and software.php however presently the title being displayed for
> index.php when a user clicks web.php and software.php the title is the same
> "Index page of Company name" as this is defined in index.php and my title
> tag is written as
> <title><?php echo $title; ?> </title> however the title tag remains the same
> whether i click web development or software link. how change i change the
> code to display different titles.

<?php
$pagename = '';
if (isset($_GET['pagename'])) {
        $pagename = strtolower($_GET['pagename']);
}

switch ($pagename) {

        // hardcode the pages you *know* exist.
        // don't just "include $pagename.php"
        // as i can make up a "pagename" of whatever i like
        // and it will break your site

        // i know "web.php" and "software.php" exist
        // so if the pagename is one of those,
        // just include the relevant file.
        case 'web':
        case 'software':
                include($pagename.'.php');
        break;

        // just in case I remove the "pagename" variable from the query string
        // or make up a random pagename
        // make sure you set up some default values!
        default:
                include('defaults.php');
}
?>
<head>
<title>
        <?php echo $title; ?>
</title>
<?php
echo $content;

include 'footer.php';

inside the 'web.php' and 'software.php' files, set your variables:

in web.php:
<?php
$title = 'This is the "web.php" page title';
$keywords = 'These are the keywords for the web.php page';

$content = <<<EOD
This is the content of the page.
Read up about heredoc syntax here:

http://www.php.net/heredoc

EOD;

and to the same inside the software.php and any other files you need.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/