On Aug 25, 2008, at 8:16 AM, tedd wrote:

At 7:53 AM -0500 8/25/08, Philip Thompson wrote:
On Aug 24, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Govinda wrote:

Should I send replies to just the list?, or is the etiquette to reply-to-all?

You will get different opinions from different people on the list. IMO, Reply-All is really annoying. Since I'm on the list, there's no need to reply to me - I'll get the email via the list.

However, it is personal preference. I think the big deal is to *at least* reply to the list - that way we can all learn from what's being said. =D

~Philip

I usually hit "Reply All" and then remove all email addresses except for php-general.

Exactly what I do!

In addition, I also trim the replies down to what's important -- I hate long-ass emails.

[Snip!]

I've checked all the preference setting numerous time trying to cut down on the length of my emails but had no luck. I have to scroll every email to read -- that's a pain.

Apple Mail. It's by far the best email app I've seen/used. =D You can hide/view headers as desired.

~Philip