On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Ford, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 25 August 2008 00:54, Govinda advised:

<snip>

> Personally, I might be tempted to do something like this:
>
>   if (($pos = strrchr($file, '.'))!==FALSE):
>      switch (strtolower(substr($file, $pos))):
>         case '.gif':
>         case '.png':
>         case '.jpg':
>         case '.jpeg':
>            echo $file;
>      endswitch;
>   endif;

<snip>

Of course, this could be simplified *slightly* by actually taking
advantage of the loose typing of PHP - change the above if statement
to:

if (($pos = strpos($file, '.')))
{
$restOfAboveCodeHere;
}

This way, if the file is the '.' or '..' files, then you will get a 0
for the position of the '.', which will evaluate to FALSE. All other
files will return a non-zero position of the '.' char, which will
evaluate to TRUE. Also, I would believe (but have no evidence at all
of) that a forward-looking string position search will be very
slightly faster than a strrchr search - dunno for certain, and don't
care enough to code up a couple-line test, but just my gut... ;)

-James