Yes, share it please!

We also have a Java guy who was going to look into creating this.

Do you checksum each segment and validate it? Do you do any encoding
on the wire to keep the bytes safe? I figure uuencoding or something
would help with transferring over the wire (remember to checksum the
uudecoded content, not the uuencoded)