Ross McKay schreef:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:03:18 +0100, "Richard Heyes" wrote:

I really don't want to install a beta (though I did install Chrome, so
maybe that should be "an MS beta") but I am interested in how it
performs.

That's what God invented the virtual machine for. Load up Windows XP in
KVM, QEMU, VirtualBox, VMware or whatever takes your fancy, then plaster
it with IE8b2 and see what breaks.

how do you handle licensing/activation in these VMs?
I have parallels on my Mac and a 'proper' bootcamp install of WinXP
which I need for work ... and I'm not about to screw with that install
for the sake of testing another POS version of IE. but I'd love to
be able to have a prinstine winXP image laying about that I
can repeatedly screw up in the name of compatibility and
cross-browser testing.

I have to admit it's been sitting in a folder here waiting for just that
to happen for ... when was it released? Crikey, work can really get in
the way sometimes, eh?  :)

amen to that.

(although I did find time to test Chrome in KVM - and I must say it is
fast, if not particularly useful yet)