Ross McKay wrote:
Michael McGlothlin wrote:

[...] I think web developers should look into a class action case against Microsoft for failing to make their browser standards compliant - it sure costs us a lot extra in development time. :p

Let me know where the PayPal donate button is... DW & I are fed up with
having to find nasty kludges for IE6 every time we build a website!

I think by the changing shape of the web, all browsers should have a sunset date in there beyond which they do not operate (either that or open a nag screen on every page load that is impossible to turn off (other than with a low level hack/patch to the binary - or obviously just a comment/recompile in open source ones!)).

It should be respected that browsers go out of date and beyond that time *noone* supports them, not their authors or the web developing public.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie