Colin Guthrie wrote:
Sancar Saran wrote:
Don't expect anything good from M$...

Oh I don't expect anything good from them, never have, never will, but that still doesn't change my point that sunset dates would probably be better for them in the long run... looking for a reason up upgrade a subborn user who wont drink the vista kool aid? Stop them surfing and get them to upgrade!

Except that this is the same argument that has been applied to PHP4. There is nothing stopping people continuing to use PHP4 if they want to. Finally it is just not being supported.

M$ want to end of life XP, but ITX and similar small profile systems simply can't even load Vista so what do we use then? These boxes are happier running W2k! Linux goes on fine, and in many cases all you need is a browser running accessing pages on the PHP server. But when a customer says NO to Linux where can one go? At least my sites are now happier to accept Linux simply because many have not STARTED moving to XP and already they have assessed that they can't afford the hardware upgrade for Vista!

M$ may want to kill off older versions of windows, but they are also killing off whole swaths of customers in the process?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL