At 8:28 PM +0000 12/13/08, Richard Heyes wrote:
 > I did catch that. But you mentioned that it shouldn't be used on the
 internet because of that limitation, and my argument is that one
 browser that is _known_ problematic should not be cause to eliminate a
 feature for everyone else.

That's a nice thought, but not feasible in reality.

--
Richard Heyes

Richard:

IE's popularity is dropping. I know it depends upon what site you test, but I like this set of stats:

You see here that IE6 and IE7 together hold less than 50 percent.

As I posted some time ago, I have one site where in the last two years it has had over 50,000 unique visitors with less than 200 using any version of IE.

So, not doing something because IE does play well isn't as strong an argument as it was -- and that argument is growing weaker every month.

Oddly enough, it looks like the world is winning and I for one couldn't be happier.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------