Lets keep things on the list!

Ian Lin wrote:
> Jim Lucas,
>
> Thank you for your advise!
>
> It is not necessarily crucia that I use the mail() function, but that
> is what I usually use when writing email scripts for my clients because
> thier servers all support it. I am a web designer and would like to be
> able to test these scripts on my server before moving the files to the
> customer's server. However if it is going to be a mjor pain in the rear
> to get the php mail() function to work, I still need some way to send
> emails from php scripts for my own sites, So what solution would you
> reccomend I try first?

I would integrate a email lib like phpmailer [1] or swiftmailer [2] so that it
is surely to work from 99.9999% of the web hosts.

All you need is an outside POP3/SMTP service that allows you to send email and
your good to go.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmailer/
2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/swiftmailer/

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare