I don't think you need SSH and fixed IP address.
I think you only need to change some file permissions. Most of the shared
hosts will provide a control panel for your web account. You change the file
permissions. I have some PHP websites without a fixed IP address and SSH.

Regards,
Michael Leung
www.michaelleung.info
diary.skynovel.info