I have a directory with many small html files...which I'd like to return the
text within the <h1> tags for the purpose of creating a table of contents
(TOC).

I currently have a script which reads the directory, and returns all the
files which I'd like to open.  I'm a bit lost on how to write a loop which
would open each file, and return the info within <h1> tags.

How could this best be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Chris