2009/3/1 Shawn McKenzie <nos...@mckenzies.net>

> Stuart wrote:

> Get

> does

> data
> >> on

> >> converted
> >> eAccelerator
> >> blurry

> are

> >> Still, in PHP $compile_time == $run_time.
> >

> > I haven't been following this thread, but this caught my eye as being
> > completely wrong. There are distinct compile and execution phases when
> PHP
> > runs a script, and different rules apply to each. If you don't believe me
> > try defaulting the value of a class variable to the result of a function.
> >
> > -Stuart
> >
> Rob, I wasn't talking about time.  I was talking about they're pretty
> much the same as in when they execute.
>
> Stuart,
>
> Great, then show the OP how he can enforce strict error checking at
> compile time and halt compilation and runtime altogether.

Like I said I haven't been following this thread so have no idea what the
original question was. I was just pointing out that your assertion
that $compile_time == $run_time is incorrect.

As far as error checking goes the PHP engine performs syntactical checks
during compile time but due to the highly flexible nature of the language
it's not possible to do most error checking until runtime.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/