I think I had some problem with this ML ... so I try again to write down my
question:

I would like to know if there a generic extension/3rd
parts/solution to save the state of a built-in PHP object.

I perfectly know that __sleep and __wakeup or ... implements
Serializable { ... } could allow me to store and retrieve serialized
data but what I did not expect is that APC just behaves as serialize
and "nothing more" than that.

Here there is a quick explanation:

$xsltp = new XSLTProcessor;

$xsltp->importStylesheet(

    DomDocument::load('random.xsl')

);

// no way to store the variable here with its live state

// without re-importing stylesheet on __wakeup or unserialize

echo    $xsltp->transformToXML(

    DomDocument::load('random.xml')

);

I agree that this built-in stuff could be considered a weird case but I
cannot believe that with all these new classes there is no solution to
truly "hibernate" instances state.

As summary, I wonder if any of you knows a solution or, if any, when (and if)
are you planning to add this feature.

Best Regards