On Monday 23 March 2009 16:24:55 Robert Cummings wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 15:58 +0200, Sancar Saran wrote:

> > > Yeah, I hear C has been replaced too.
> >
> > Well, I did not see you to write your web app with C.
>
> I write in C still. I have a mud I work on in my spare time...
> admittedly MUDs aren't a good example since they are dated... but this
> particular one shares C code, via compile-time macros, with associated
> PHP extensions to speed up certain aspects of data parsing and
> evaluation. My point is, just because new techniques and technoloigies
> come out, is in no way a boundary condition on an existing technology's
> lifespan or efficacy in any particular environment. The deprecation of
> usefulness of any technology is based on many more variables than
> "Jquery - The New Game just began". Jquery runs in the browser, it will
> never replace server side data acquisition, caching, and manipulation.
> It will merely augment. Moreover, it is completely useless when
> JavaScript is disabled. Your post also made the assumption that PHP is
> used for web sites only. Many people are using it for other tasks too.
> Popularity is also not a useful metric of the demise of a language. It
> may just be that less people are familiar with JQuery and so there are
> more questions whereas PHP has been around long enough that the bulk of
> people interested in it have a good enough foundation in it that they
> don't need to ask questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
> --
> http://www.interjinn.com
> Application and Templating Framework for PHP

Well nice :), I wish to able to write C stuff for boosting PHP performance by
myself too...

And of course, no body will replace C or PHP.

And there where a but and very big BUT. When those dynamic web thing begin to
appear there where programming language named PERL.

And yes it was still aroud here and Slashdot still running perl based code.

BUT momentum was lost. No body expect to some ground breaking thing from PERL
6.

And Server side become less interesting day by day. Collect request values,
generate HTML output and push.

Each new server side language or framework do same thing, this way or that
way. Web Programming momentum shifting from server side to Javascript.

So tellme your last PHP vs Someting else dynamic web language flamewar ?

Currently JS guys are busying with fancy effects, browser behavior fix, menus,
dom manuplation etc.  When they fix things, their next step was content
management or someting like that frameworks.

Anywhow we well see.

PS: Is there any shorh way to learn do someting for PHP with C (My C knowladge
was 0)

Regards

Sancar