On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Chris <dmag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 9el wrote:
>
>> I found this command from one guy for importing Oracle's dump to MySQL
>>
>> Shell> mysql -uroot db_name -vvf < oracle_dump.dmp
>>
>> But, v is for verbose and f is for force continuation.
>>
>> Anyone worked with Oracle and MySQL?
>>

> Yep, and there's no way that will ever work except for the very simplest
>  table and data.
>
> The datatypes are different (mysql doesn't have varchar2, timestamp formats
> are different though oracle lets you change that).
>
> You'll need to do a schema-only dump, convert it to the mysql format, then
> worry about converting the data.

Yes, before writing the mail I had this confusion but as my
max_packet_allowed was default to 16M I couldn't have been able to continue
with 28M dump from Oracle.
Now that I have the schema in MySQL already. What can I do to get data only
from Oracle's DB?
There are lots of software tools out there but I want to learn it from the
base. I cant afford to buy any software either.