Our company wants to do e-mail verification and does not want to use the
requests / response method (clicking a link in the e-mail to verify the
address), which as we all know is the only way you can be truly sure. I
found this;

http://verify-email.org/

Which seems to be the next best deal and it is written in PHP. Has
anyone used this? Is anyone doing something similar? How do you handle
errors? I know that some domains will not accept these requests.

I think that this method would really work for us and cut down on the
bogus e-mail addresses we're receiving though. Thoughts?