Steve wrote:
Use !empty($_POST['mort']) instead of isset() for form input since the form will still set an empty value if left blank.

Gary wrote:
I have a form that gives the submitter a choice or either one set of questions, or another. I am still getting the message even if the input was left blank. So on the line below,

$msg.=  isset($_POST['mort']) ? "The mortgage amount is  $mort\n" : " ";

I get

The mortgage amount is

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Gary

using !empty() instead isset() will work if you don't care for PHP Notice: Undefined variable... If you want to avoid PHP Notice you have to use both:

$msg.= (isset($_POST['mort']) and !empty($_POST['mort'])) ? "The mortgage amount is $mort\n" : " ";

afan