Change to cron -i to see what other information, if any, is also being
passed back. You might get some errors, or some such. Since you are
getting empty files my gut tells me you aren't getting anything. Since
you are actually getting a PHP 500 error, that lends me to believe
that it's not some type of external influence (aka the malware
thoughts).

Since the code looks reasonable, I'm thinking that it may be
permission related. While your code/files may not have been updated,
that doesn't mean that permissions were not. Trace through your file
structure and see what's going on in the ../../store/files path.

Adam.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Brian Dunning<br...@briandunning.com> wrote:
> Correct, the files on the server have not changed either, and have been
> working fine for a long time. No funny characters.
>
> On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:59 PM, Adam Randall wrote:
>
>> Sorry for replying to myself, but the files themselves only contain
>> US-ASCII characters, and no quotes, correct? Having extended
>> characters in your file names might cause weirdness, and quotes will
>> break your HTTP header in your code there.

Adam Randall
http://www.xaren.net
AIM: blitz574