Yes I did.  Thank you for confirming this with me.  Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "LinuxManMikeC" <linuxmanmi...@gmail.com>
To: "Ron Piggott" <ron....@actsministries.org>
Cc: <php-general@lists.php.net>; <phps...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] str_replace

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Ron Piggott<ron....@actsministries.org> wrote:
Am I understanding str_replace correctly? Do I have this correct or are ' needed?

$bible_verse_ref is what I want to change to (AKA replace)
bible_verse_ref is what I change to change from (AKA search)
$text_message_template is the string I want to manipulate

$text_message = str_replace( $bible_verse_ref, 'bible_verse_ref', $text_message_template );

Ron

If I understand you right, I think you have the search and replace
arguments mixed up.  Your current code will look for all occurrences
of $bible_verse_ref in $text_message_template and replace it with
'bible_verse_ref'.

http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.str-replace.php