hi there,

this is typical app for db repliction mechanism. it depnds of the size off
your project.

have a look here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-howto.html

if this is oversized for u do a dump of each table without the
auto_increment fields. if u read in these tables the main database then does
use its own record id.
to identifie these records use a subsidairy finegerprint field.

another way would be not to use a ai field for identifying the record, use a
timestamp field to have an unique index on the tables. it is very unlikeley
that two records are written at the same time in the various subsidaries. a
timestamp field is a breakdown to the milisecond. however there is still a
chance of 1 to some billion, that two records have the same key.

just some possibilities

cheers
ralph
ralph_def...@yahoo.de