Oh I see. I missed out one thing too.
There is no need to put the same code under both case 7 & 6 separately, but just under case 6 will do.
This is simpler in fact!
Thanks Tedd and Torben!
I'll fix to this style from now onwards.

"tedd" <tedd.sperl...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:p06240800c6b84328c...@[192.168.1.100]...
At 9:44 PM -0700 8/22/09, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:
Hi Keith,

Glad it works! I'm not sure how inverting the case statement helps you
minimize the code in each case. As both I and Adam showed, you can do
the same thing more efficiently (and IMHO much more readably) like
this:

switch ($sum)
{
    case 8:

       break;
    case 7:
    case 6:
       break;
    case 2:
    case 1:
       break;
    case 0:
       break;
    default:
       break;
}

Additionally, I would argue there's nothing different below other than it's even more easier to read and understand:

switch ($sum)
   {
    case 0:
    break;