-----Original Message-----
From: mike bode [mailto:mikebo...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 27 August 2009 04:49 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Re: page works on public web site, but not on my computer

I understand, but that's not an option. I am not interested in getting into
a Linux vs. Windows fight here, let's just say that I am stuck with Windows.

Now, somthing's gotta be seriously wrong here. I have tried now 4 or 5
different scripts for the photo gallery that I am trying to implement and
NONE of them has worked. I have enabled all extensions and loaded all
modules in Apache and php -- still nothing.

I can't believe that the Apache Society out there simply ignores the 80% or
so that use Windows. Can anybody point me to a group that deals with Apache
(PHP) on Windows?  Thanks.

mike

I'm sure there are many on this list that develop on the Windows platform,
including myself. I deploy on Linux, and personally I find the two
environments to be very compatible (in fact besides the url and filename
case differences I haven't found any practical difference between the two at
all). So it's not at all true that Apache "simply ignores the 80% or so that
use Windows". You previously said you're new to php, so what are the chances
that this has more to do with your own inexperience with php rather than
some Windows-only bug you've discovered and are revealing to the rest of the
php community?

The error message mentions the script name and a line number, have you
checked what code is causing the error?

You said you installed php 5.3 on your pc. Chances are very high that the
host you uploaded this to is not running php 5.3. Someone previously
mentioned that there are differences between 5.3 and the previous versions
that could account for your issues. Have you tried installing php 5.2 and
trying it again? There are also settings in php ini file that you can change
to change the error reporting, but it's not clear if you've tried that yet.
One final thing, have you tried to google with the error message to see how
others dealt with this problem?

Cheers
Arno