Yes, that's the best way to clean up after yourself. And you really should use that on anything you have sitting around daemon like.

Jeff

Philip Thompson wrote:
On Sep 28, 2009, at 4:27 PM, Ralph Deffke wrote:

well this sound clearly to me like you are not freeing resultsets you are not going to use anymore. In long scripts you have to take care of this. on short scripts you can be a bit weak on that, because the resultsets are closed and freed on script ending.

assumed u r using MySQL are u using mysql_free_result($result)

goog luck

ralph_def...@yahoo.de

"Philip Thompson" <philthath...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9c0b9c4c-5e64-4519-862b-8a3e1da4d...@gmail.com...
Hi all.

I have a script that opens a socket, creates a persistent mysql
connection, and loops to receive data. When the amount of specified
data has been received, it calls a class which processes the data and
inserts it into the database. Each iteration, I unset/destruct that
class I call. However, the script keeps going up in memory and
eventually runs out, causing a fatal error. Any thoughts on where to
start to see where I'm losing my memory?

Thanks in advance,
~Philip

I am not using mysql_free_result(). Is that highly recommended by all?

Thanks,
~Philip