On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 09:30 -0400, Tom Worster wrote:
> On 10/1/09 8:00 AM, "MEM" <tal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > One last question about this:
> >
> > I've done a self submit form, after hearing all the advantages expressed
> > here.
> > But how could we relate, without using javascript, a self submit form with a
> > "success page" or a "confirmation page" that doesn't show the form?
> >
> > Can please someone throw me some infos about this please?
>
> i use one php script that knows how to deliver more than one html page
> depending on the outcome of processing of form input and the rest.
>
> i'm sure there are other ways.

The way I always tend to do something like this is as follows:

$errors = false;
if(isset($_REQUEST['submit']))
{
    // process form here
    // if it doesn't validate $errors to true

    // you can either redirect here, or display the confirmation message
}
if(!isset($_REQUEST['submit']) || $errors)
{
    // display form
    // if $errors is true populate the form with user submitted data
}

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk