On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 16:56 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I need to store a variable name as a variable. Note quite a C-style
> pointer, but a way to access one variable who's name is stored in
> another variable.
>
> As part of a spam-control measure, a certain public-facing form will
> have dummy rotating text fields and a hidden field that will describe
> which text field should be considered, like this:
>
> input type="text" name="text_1"
> input type="text" name="text_2"
> input type="text" name="text_3"
> input type="hidden" name="real_field" value="text_2"
>
> As this will be a very general-purpose tool, a switch statement on the
> hidden field's value would not be appropriate here. Naturally, the
> situation will be much more complex and this is a non-obfuscated
> generalization of the HTML side of things which should describe the
> problem that I need to solve on the server side.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il

What's wrong with this:

$user_value = $_REQUEST[$_REQUEST['real_field']];

Obviously this isn't production worthy code, you'd really need to put
the whole thing in a ternary if to check if the values actually exist,
but this would definitely solve your problem.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk