Thank you all for your replies.

The issue was "solved" for a better fitting solution on this case, that was
by using a regex expression.

I've not tested the difference between using == or ===. I was using !

But, the main question that is not clear on my newbie head is, "why how why"
couldn't this 0 be interpreted, neither as octal, or false, or whatever it
may be, but as just a humble numeric value of 0. At least on the cases where
FILTER_VALIDADE_INT is there.

Anyway, I cannot dig in into this because I'm actually unable to offer some
solutions.

So, as stated, the issue was solved, by using a regex, so all good here. ;)

Thanks once again,
Márcio