        if($file!= '.' && $file != '..')
        {
        $FileList[] = $file;

sort $FileList;
reset($FileList);

while(list(, $F) = each($FileList)) {

        echo "$F<br>\n";

}

If you're using PHP4, you can replace everything after the
sort($FileList) with the more compact:

foreach($FileList as $F) { echo "$F<br>\n"; }

See

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.sort.php

for more info on sorting arrays.

        - steve

--
+------ Factoid: Of the 100 largest economies in the world, 51 are ------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |