Is there a way using PHP to easily strip white space out of an html page as
it's being sent to the client.  That is to say, the page that we as
developers work on is nicely formatted, indented, etc. but when it's sent
out to the client, PHP will remove all the extra white space both to
obfuscate the code and reduce the size a bit.

For anyone who knows Cold Fusion, I'm looking for the PHP equivalent of the
"Suppress whitespace by default" option in the Cold Fusion Server
Administrator.

(NOTE: I'm not looking for a discussion on the merits of stripping vs. not
stripping white space characters or whether or not it really does any
good -- I just want to know if it can be done easily using PHP)

Thanks.

--kurt