Hi there,

I am doing an application that allows me to create RSS channels and put
feeds inside of each channel. Everything works so far, but - now I have
started to do the 'Edit Channel', 'Edit Feed', 'Delete Channel' and 'Delete
Feed' functionalities and have run into a problem. For me its a big problem
cause Im not a guru programmer but for you out there it may be a piece of
cake.

I have the following line of code:

$myFeedHTML .=  "<TH ROWSPAN=3 BGCOLOR='#99CCFF'> $feedItemImagePath <br />
onClik='javascript:DeleteChannelAndAllOfItsFeeds()' /> <br /> <br
/>DELETE<br /></TH>";

In $myFeedHTML I'am always appending new HTML data to it, in this case I'am
appending a table row/header row that has an image in it and underneath the
image it has two buttons, one is for the EDIT functionality and the other is
for the DELETE functionality.

Now... notice the onClik events ->
onClik='javascript:DeleteChannelAndAllOfItsFeeds()'    . I ususally use that
method to call a javascript function from within a button or a link....and
like this is works (on its own - ie when its not being appended as a normal
string to the variable $myFeedHTML).

But...When it is appended to a variable so that I echo everything at once in
the end, the onClik action must be included inside a " (double quotes) and
inside  ' (single quotes) so that it can be appeneded to the string, now
when this is being done everything gets mixed because of of all the " and '
thus the program thinks that these are normal escape characters and just
skips over the javascript call function that is nested within the onClik
event. So the onClik is not getting a function assigned to it. (you can see
this in the code I've pasted above)

What can I do in order to append it to my $myFeedHTML variable and at the
same time have it assigend a javascript function inside of its EDIT/DELETE
button onClik event ?

Can you give me some example maybe etc ?

Image Preview:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26156627/my%2BEscape%2BProblem.jpg

btw: I know I've written onClik wrong but I wrote it this way in this forum
cause it wouldn't let me post my thread because it regards it as an illegal
tag lol. B-)B-)

Thank you very much :) ,
The Ace