On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 17:01 -0300, Martin Scotta wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 11:33 -0800, Don Wieland wrote:
> >
> > > Hi gang,
> > >
> > > Is there a javascript to Suppress Right-Click and Hide hover URL?  I
> > > as trying to get this to work with no luck:

> > > onMouseOver=\"javascript:window.status=''; return true;\" onClick=
> > > \"javascript:return confirm('Are you sure you want to REMOVE the
> > > assoication of this Area with this Inlet?')\"\">Remove</a>
> > >
> > > Please let me know if this can be tweaked to work...
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Don Wieland
> > > D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > d...@dwdataconcepts.com
> > > Direct Line - (949) 305-2771
> > >
> > > Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.
> > >
> > > Need assistance in dialing in your FileMaker solution? Check out our
> > > Developer Support Plan at:
> > > http://www.dwdataconcepts.com/DevSup.html
> > >
> > > Appointment 1.0v9 - Powerful Appointment Scheduling for FileMaker Pro
> > > 9 or higher
> > > http://www.appointment10.com
> > >
> > > For a quick overview -
> > > http://www.appointment10.com/Appt10_Promo/Overview.html
> > >

> > There's no absolute way to stop the right click menu other than develop
> > completely in Flash, but I find this works quite well:

> > The way you are hiding the actual link URL will work for people who
> > navigate solely with their mouse, but you might want to add an onfocus()
> > handler in there as well for people who tab between links.
> >
> > At the end of the day though, none of this will stop someone from
> > viewing your source code for the link, or using a browser plugin like
> > Firebug to determine what it is.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ash
> > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >

> Why I will let you to hide things on my browser?
> The browser is mine...

I can think of one perfectly good reason. Perhaps this is a simple
attempt at forcing an app to work all within a single window, and
prevent it from breaking by the end user opening new windows and tabs
from the link.

Before rushing to defend your castle, it might be helpful to consider if
it really is an invading army at your gates.