Hello I'm currently trying to use PHP to insert foreign characters into one of
the mysql database tables.mysql_query() worked seamlessly, but when I check the
inserted data on phpMyAdmin it shows the foreign characters in broken letters,
like this ì‹œíŒ <- jibberish...The foreign characters show fine when I'm typing
it out on my editor to code PHP, but it gets broken into unrecognizable symbols
when put into mysql database columns.
I tried to create the same thing this time through phpMyAdmin console and it
worked great, the foreign characters showed correctly as they should.The column
that I'm trying to put the foreign characters into is set as utf8_general_ci.I
wish to use PHP to insert the data into the database because I'll be inserting
massive amounts of them at once, so I just can't continue with this problem at
hand.
I'll greatly appreciate any help, thank you.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/