Hey Guys,

Coming from a C and Java background I just loved PHP and have been programming
with it for years thanks in a large part to the kind people on this list...
present and past (Immediately the name John Holmes comes to mind.. i hope the
dude is well)
but now I have have to leave PHP or split time between php and .NET for just
one reason:

.NET offers a way to run programs using the Windows GUI / stand alone executable

There always was talk on the list about running php code as standalone, but
since I had a long absence from the list sorry if I missed any new updates...
but I'm hoping someone can offer a way to run php standalone executable.

Before posting I always google, and the main results I have gotten so far is:
priado blender
and PHP-GTK

but no way to kind of drag and drop what you need like visual studio (i dont
know how to use it yet, but been reading) or some other visual development tool
like visual basic.

I need to make a few standalones programs that will run (mostly) on Windows...
is there any other way that I have not found that i can use PHP instead of
learning something new like .NET?

I have resisted going "the microsoft way" for years.. looks like my luck has
run out...

Thanks,
Ryan